Christmas at Cairnwood 2019
Enjoy the holiday season at Cairnwood Estate, a Gilded Age country house designed in the Beaux-Arts style by the renowned firm Carrerè & Hastings for industrialist John Pitcairn and his wife Gertrude in 1895. Guided Christmas tours include three floors decorated for the season by professional florists. Each year a dazzling two-story Christmas tree stands where one once stood at the turn of the century. Our annual Christmas gown exhibition Lace & Linings: turning three generations of historic fashions inside out includes elegant gowns worn by the ladies of the house. A festive holiday tea is served in the dining, billiard room, and living room.
Guided Holiday Tours
- December, Tuesday through Sunday at 10:00am & 11:00am
- Duration: 75 minutes
- Reservations required, availability limited: 215.947-2004 ex 31
- $15.00 adults, $12.00 seniors & students
- Cairnwood Members Free
- Holiday tea reservations may be upgraded to include a guided tour for an additional $5, see tea dates below
- Sunday 8th, 15th, & 22nd from 12:00pm to 4:00pm
- Wednesday 4th, 11th, & 18th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm
- Thursday 5th, 12th, & 19th from 12:00pm to 4:00pm
- $10.00 admission ~ Included with holiday tea participation
Holiday in the Historic District
During the month of December, guests are encouraged to enhance their visit to the Bryn Athyn Historic District by experiencing the Bryn Athyn Cathedral and Glencairn Museum. Visitors enjoy an array of holiday activities such as the World Nativities Exhibition and special Christmas services. For a customized itinerary and to make a reservation contact: Lisa Parker-Adams, Director of History & Education, at email@example.com or 215-947-2004, ext. 31.
Click here for more detailed information: Christmas in the Bryn Athyn Historic District
Holiday Tea & Tours
Afternoon Tea is unmistakably a truly Victorian custom known worldwide, with origins in 19th century England. Celebrate the season & join us for tea and tours during our most sparkling time of year! Package includes the holiday tea, self-guided tour, & access to the annual gown exhibition.
- Offered at 12:30pm weekly in December
- Sundays 8, 15, & 22
- Wednesdays 4, 11, & 18
- Thursdays 5, 12, & 19
- Sundays 8, 15, & 22
- $55/person ~ Reservations required
Menu includes: premium teas by master blender Harney & Sons, traditional tea sandwiches, soup du jour and seasonal salad, family style petit fours, and scones with clotted cream and jams.
Don’t miss Children’s Tea with Santa ~ Treat your little one to a delicious children’s tea menu accompanied by a festive activity, and keepsake photograph with Santa in front of the Christmas tree
- Sunday, December 15 at 10:00am
- $25/child; $55/adult ~ Reservations required
Know before you go
- During the month of December, tour availability and hours of operation may be altered due to demand, weather, and private special events.
- Some dates may not be available.
- Reservations are required for Guided Tours and the Holiday Tea.
- For a full listing of closed dates visit www.brynathynhistoricdistrict.org or call 215.947.2004.